- Steven M. Altschuler, MD (1982) – CEO of UHealth and Senior VP of Health Affairs, University of Miami. Previously, President and CEO, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Jonathan R. Bates, MD (1976) – President and CEO Emeritus, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Donald M. Berwick, MD (1977) – Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. Previously, Director, US Government Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Previously, President and CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement; Lecturer, Healthcare Policy, Harvard
- Diana W. Bianchi, MD (1983) – Director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Previously, Vice Chair for Research and Executive Director of the Mother Infant Research Institute. Dept. of Pediatrics, Tufts.
- Kevin B. Churchwell, MD (1990) – Executive Vice President for Health Affairs and Chief Operating Officer, Boston Children’s Hospital. Previously, Sr Vice-President, Nemours and CEO, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE. Previously, CEO and Executive Director, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital, Vanderbilt
- Patrick Conway (2005) – Chief Medical Officer and Director of
the Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, US Government
Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Service
- Alan L. Goldbloom, MD (1976) – President and CEO Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, Emeritus Vice President and CEO, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Steve A. N. Goldstein, MD, PhD (1989) – University Professor, Senior Vice President and Provost, Brandeis
University. Previously Chair, Dept of Pediatrics, Univ. of
- Raymond S. Greenberg, MD, PhD (1983) – President, Medical University of South Carolina
- Alan E. Guttmacher, MD (1985) – Previously, Director, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, and before that, Deputy Director, National Human Genome Research Institute, Director, Office of Policy, Communications and Education, NIH
- Ellis J. Neufeld, MD, PhD (1988) – Executive Vice President, Clinical Director, Physician-in-Chief, of the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.Previously Associate Chief, Hematology/Oncology Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Charles W. Roberts, MD, PhD (1995) – Executive Vice President and Director of the St Jude Comprehensive Cancer Center, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis
- Mark C. Rogers, MD (1972) – Previously, Vice Chancellor of Health Systems, Duke Univ. Med. Ctr, Senior VP, Perkin-Elmer,
and CEO Duke Hospital. Chairman and CEO of
Bradmer Pharmaceuticals, Chairman of Cardiome Pharma
Corp, and Chief Executive Officer of Paramount Capital Inc.
Currently, Accounts Manager of AtCor Medical Limited
- John R. Schreiber, MD (1983) – CEO, Baystate Health and President, Baystate Medical Practices. Chair Emeritus, Dept. of Pediatrics, Tufts Univ and Dept of Pediatrics, Univ. of Minnesota
- Stephen P. Spielberg, MD, PhD (1976) – Previously, Dean,
Dartmouth Medical School, Vice President of Pediatric Drug
Development at Johnson & Johnson, and Deputy Commissioner
of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Medical Devices,
Drugs, Biologics and Tobacco Products, and Special Medical
Programs. Currently, Professor of Pediatrics and of
Pharmacology and Toxicology at Dartmouth Medical School
- Donald L. Weaver, MD (1976) – Rear Admiral, US Public Health Service and previously, Acting Surgeon General, Deputy
Associate Administrator for Primary Health Care in the Health
Resources and Services Administration, and Director National
Health Service Corps
Return to examples of careers.